Muscat Dec 1 - last day

Nasser told me our last day in Muscat would be shopping and beach. Well, because our day at Nakhal was cut short as a result of the closed fort, we went to Qurum Beach yesterday. He had more surprises for us though.

I had been trying to buy a silver ring. I wanted something reflecting a traditional Omani design. We had already looked in the souk. Nasser took me to somewhere that sold very traditional designs, but not what I was really looking for. I looked in a shop in Nizwa, nothing. We also looked in the gift shop in Nakhal too, but there was nothing which fitted.

I had told Nasser I needed to buy more perfume like I had on my last visit, so we headed for a shop outside the souk in Mutrah and I was able to stock up for a very good price. Then we went to one of the many silver shops in the souk which proved to be more what I was looking for. I came away with two for the price of one!

Then it was off again to see more sights. I thought we had seen all there was to see in Muscat, but, no.

In the foyer of our Omani hotel coffee is always available





The long view up towards the palace

Looking down on the marina where we left for our dhow cruise


Parliament buildings


On our last visit that hotel development was not there!


A fishing village which we had seen from our dhow cruise

Lookout high above the parliamentary zone. The British Ambassador lives in the white building on the coast centre left.



A mosque near where Nasser lives built by the Sultan to honour his grandmother







After visiting this beach near where Nasser lives, we went to his home. He lives next door to his sister which is very handy when you want to entertain overseas visitors but you are out all day guiding them!

We met his sister and had a lovely lunch before leaving to go to the airport. Our short but wonderful trip has come to an end. We could not be more grateful to all that Nasser has done for us this week. He has tuned in very carefully to our likes and more importantly has shown us what he is most proud of in his country. We cannot thank him enough.



Farewell

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Muscat Nov 27 - desert tour

Muscat Nov 28 - Sur

Muscat Nov 25 - arriving in Muscat